
Ok, so I have not posted for awhile, but I think I have a pretty good excuse. Our beautiful little girl Samantha Hope Damron came into the world March 4th 2010 at 3:12 pm much to the surprise of both her parents.
So the story:
I went in for my ultrasound Wed, March 3rd and they did a growth measurement and checked for dilated bowel. Our little girl had actually had grown wonderfully, they estimated her to be around 4lbs 12oz. However, they found the bowel had dilated in one area way beyond what they would like to see. My specialist Dr. Dickson told us he was going to talk with his panel of Dr.'s and let us know when they would plan to induce me. I was only 35 weeks along so they were concerned about her lung development. He was to call me the next morning to let me know their decision. That evening I began to experience a few labor contractions, I put them off because they were to far apart to worry about. However that night I still continued to have them. I didn't want to roll over and look at the clock to begin counting them because I didn't want to be in labor. However I did estimate them to be about every 20 min. That morning (after a horrible night) I decided to go ahead and make my way to the hospital for observation because these contractions were not going away and they were beginning to hurt. While I was waiting for Steven to come home from school I got a call from Dr. Dickson letting me know that they had decided to schedule a aminostick for Monday morning to test our little girl's lung development and to plan on bring my bags with me. I didn't mention to him about any of my contractions because again I was in denial, I was NOT in labor. Steven FINALLY came home and I told him I needed to go into the hospital for observation and while I was there I was going to get my Non-stress test done as well.
I headed off and they admitted me for observation. I asked about getting into a gown, but they were not worried I was only in for observation so I never changed. After a few hard contractions my nurse came in and gave me a shot to make them stop Well, that didn't work, after about an hour she came in with some pills, again to make them stop. I had asked her if I needed to call my husband so he wouldn't miss anything, she informed me she would let me know. When I first came in they checked me and was dilated to a 3. After 2 shots and a couple pills later (all of which were supposed to stop my labor) I was now at a 7. My nurse looked at me, and said "you might want to call your husband". We sent our poor hospital into a frenzy, I was to far along to be life flighted so our hospital called TMC and they were going to send a special team from the newborn intense care unit to be there for the delivery and to fly our little girl back to Tucson, they were going to arrive in 3 hours. I was given Magniseam to slow dowm my labor, boy was that weird, lets just say I really didn't enjoy the side effects. But I did have my wonderful husband by my side and my grandparents showed up to cheer me on.
Our little girl held out until the team arrived and after educating Steven and I, our doctor, and nurses what was going to happen. she arrived about 5 min later. Everything went so well. I had a very easy labor, the team from Tucson took such good care of her. One moment that was so special and made everything that was going on take on a whole new meaning; was that they gave Steven an opportunity to give our new born little girl a priesthood blessing before she was taken back to Tucson. The Lord is so mindful of our needs and I knew I could let my little one go even though I could not follow right away because she was in the Lord's hands. Steven pronounced such a beautiful blessing upon her head and then she was on her way to Tucson where she was meet by the pediatric surgeon and his team. They took her into surgery and was able to put about 1/2 of her bowel back inside and put the other half into a silo.
Heavenly Father has been so mindful of us during this time. Our prayers and the many prayers that have been said in our behalf have been answered. Our little girl arrived on the Lord's time and it was the right time.
On a side note I never did get into a hospital gown until after I had her, it was pretty nice actually.
4 comments:
Congrats on the new baby! It sounds like it has been a rough road! I'll be thinkin about you! You guys are great and I wish i was there to help you out....I know our boys would have a blast!!!
Congratulations on your baby girl. I had noticed that you hadn't posted and was wondering if she had arrived.
Please keep us posted on her progress. We continue to pray for all of you.
Let us know if we can help with anything. Can't wait to meet her! Amanda
Yay! I'm glad you posted the whole story! And I'm so happy she made it here safely and everything has gone well. It was super great to talk to you the other day. Steven never stopped by....did he change his plans? Keep posted on the babe--we're still praying for her!
love,
maren
Post a Comment