We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

Wednesday, January 20

An update on our little Girl

Well it has been almost a week since my last update on our little girl and I finally have some more news to report. The many prayers that have been said in ours and her behalf have been answered. She is doing wonderfully well. I have had 2 non stress tests done so far and her heart rate continues to be just great. But the best news, is that I had another detail ultra sound done this afternoon and she got a wonderful report. The main concern with gastroschisis is that the bowels continue to work properly. With having part of the intestine outside the abdominal wall, there is a much greater chance of clogging or something no going right. This can be detected by shrinkage or enlargement of the intestine. But after a detailed exam our little girl passed with flying colors. Everything continues to flow as normal, another little miracle in her behalf.

I have another ultrasound scheduled in two weeks to measure her growth. Last time they checked she was measuring small. They did say she was going to be a small baby. Her measurements will be off because one area that is used in the calculation is the belly, and because of her situation, it is completely off.

One of the questions I asked prenatal specialist today was when would she be born. His answer, usually around 37 to 38 weeks. Way to early if you ask me, so my next question was if the ultra sounds continue to show no signs of stress on the intestine will they delay the induction until later, around 39 weeks so she will have more time to grow and put on weight? Yes, was his answer, so now my prayers are that everything will continue to function properly so she can continue to grow and develop in the safety of her Mother's womb.

I just want to thank all of you for the prayers that have been said in our behalf. We still have challenges yet to come, but I know everything is in the Lord's hands and that ours and your prayers will continue to be answered.

2 comments:

Higleys said...

Good News.

Ironygirl said...

Elena was born at 36 1/2 weeks and I was so upset beforehand. She did great though, and didn't have to go to the NICU or anything.

I'm glad that the visit had good news. We'll keep praying.