Well my goal was when we started this blog, was that I would update it at least once a week, with pictures and stories of what happened over the course of that week. Well.... how can I put it, actually I am reminded of a quote from the Anne of Green Gables, television series. "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it". That is how I feel, many a night when I did not do quite as well as I wanted that day, but, I do feel that this time I have an excuse for being completely out of the loop.
Steven and I have decided to move to North Carolina, near the city Raleigh. Why are we moving?.... good question? Because we want to... I'm serious. We have thought about several options. And this one just felt right.
In fact this month was a roller coaster of events leading up to our decision to move. Our Landlord has been trying to sell the house we are living in for over a year with no luck, and we thought we might have the opportunity to buy this home out of a short sell. Well.... that didn't pan out like we expected to, but we believe the Lord has other plans for us.
We chose North Carolina for several reasons; One, moving somewhat closer to family (can't wait to come and see you Susan) Second, we really wanted 4 seasons, but at the same time we has enjoyed a milder climate. Third, this gives us an opportunity to expand Steven's business.
Our whole family is excited for all the new things we are going to experience, new friends, new home. However, at the same time we are feeling down because of the friends we are leaving behind. Florida has been a wonderful home for us for the past 2 years. we have been able to enjoy a lot of what Florida has to offer, and it has been wonderful. If any of you never thought that Florida would be a good place to raise a family and that it is only a state for retiredess or vacationing, you need to think again. We have meet the most kind, thoughtful, and sincere individuals. True friends and neighbors in all since of the word, they are the ones we are going to miss more that words can describe.
So we now have a POD (Portable On Demand Storage) in our driveway and I am living in a wreak of a house. I really do try to keep a clean house and all this unorganized chaous is REALLY starting to get to me. We ordered the POD early so we would have plently of time to pack at our leasure. The only problem?..... You have to put in your big rocks (aka: large funiture) before all the pebbles (aka: Small boxes of various items). I could not stand the Limbo period that we were stuck in, so we went ahead and started moving the big stuff. So we have 5 more days and no couches, no bed, well... basically no funiture. Good thing "This too will Pass". I really am over the whole moving concept now. We had a moving sale last weekend and did fairlly well. We are having another one this weekend so hopefully we can get rid of the rest we don't want to move.
You really never realise how much you have accumilated over the years until you have to move.
(where did we get all this Junk.... Sound familiar Dad?)
Mom and Dad,
my heart goes out to you, for never being in the military, you made moving an art, and since it seams I am following in your footsteps (a new home every 2 years) if you have any moving tips please feel free to share.
Well sorry no pics but I will try and post some soon, but I do have some cute stories to tell.
During our garage sell, we tried to sell several of the kids items. Aubrey and Brigham were a little reluntant to part with the toys they NEVER play with (Aubrey kept taking the items back inside) So we told them that the money that made selling thier old stuff would go towards buying NEW.... did i mention NEW toys for them to play with. Well that really got them excited. Everytime someone would buy something Brigham would thank them. "Thank you for helping me buy a new Ka-Bow (Lighting McGueen). And Aubrey was our little money collector, she had on a little backpack where all the money went. When people would pick up an item she would tell them that costs money. However, she started gitting a little discouraged when people would drive by and keep going, or stop and not buy anything. "They are supposed to give me money!"
We did go to target afterwards; Aubrey bought a Tinkerbell keychain. and Brigham bought a racing rack similar to the hotwheels track, only this one is for Pixar's CARS. I know that is dosen't seem very fair in terms of what they spent but that is what they wanted.
Well that is how our life has been for the past 2 weeks, I do apoligize for the misspelled words and terrible grammer, but I really am tired, and we still have a lot of get done.
6 comments:
Moving gives you the perfect reason to get rid of "stuff". Yep, you never realize all the "stuff" you have until you have to pack it and haul it! With our move last year, I tossed out practically anything and everything we could survive without. It was a good thing since our house now is so tiny!
Good luck with the move. It is so stressful and exciting at the same time, and chaos ensues until you finally get there and completely unpack (which can take years... for some people... heh, heh). But you will survive this... your sanity may not... but you will!
Good luck with the move! Are you guys trying to keep up with us? It feels like we move all the time! Let us know your new address!
HEY! Just found you from RicknAmber blog. So good to see your cute kiddos! Can't believe you are moving again! Good luck!
whoa!
It sounds like we need to give you guys a call. We just got phone service this week, but we were suprised to learn of the move. I have some good friends who lived in north carolina for several years, they have since moved back to idaho, but they enjoyed NC. From what I know, it is a very beautiful place. Will steve be continuing the same business? We will keep you in our prayers, give our love to all the kids.
abe shannon, aurora
Good Luck with the move! Sad you guys are leaving Florida. I am sure you will LOVE it up there. We'll miss you guys!
I am so sad your leaving...too sad to say anything else.
Post a Comment