We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

Wednesday, January 13

Starting a Routine

Life is hopefully going to be pretty routine for the next couple of months. Steven started classes today, and I know it is going to take a little while for that to sink in for him and the rest of the family. He is taking a full load this semester, so he is going to be busy from now until May.

For the past month we have been working on the kids rooms (Just some freshening up, new paint and carpet). We are almost done, and then comes the fun part, putting it all together. Last month Steven and I were able to get away to Phoenix and we stopped by IKEA, I picked up some really cute bedspreads and got some ideas to try out. We will take pictures when they are all put back together.

For an update on our little girl (at least we still think it is a girl, haven't seen anything to prove otherwise) everything continues to run smoothly. I had my first non-stress test done at the hospital and it was not really what I expected. I needed to get my glucose test done as well, so I decided to hit two birds with one stone. The out patient lab is on the same campus as the hospital, so I stopped by and got my nasty orange drink. Then I checked into the OB and they got me set up. All a stress test is, is that I lay down on a bed with two belly straps. One to monitor the baby's heartbeat and the second to monitor contractions. The sames one they use when you deliver. I asked how long it should take, their reply, 1 to 2 hours depending on how well she cooperates. So I get to to lie down, no kids, no distractions, I can fall back asleep? I am going to like this little break. The lab technician even came over and drew the blood they needed for the glucose results while I was lying there. The results for the stress test came out really well. Her heart rate looked great and I didn't have any contractions.
I also saw my OB Dr. this morning and he preformed another ultra sound and we were able to see a little clearer the areas of concern. He answered all our questions for the time being and I will be seeing him again in a week.
I am also scheduled for another detailed ultrasound to measure her growth so I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Higleys said...

What is the area of concern? I hope you do well and wish Steven luck from us. Congrats on the return to school. I think that's a great choice