Ok, I just have to say this.
We were so excited to take our kids to the pumpkin patch, a tradition we really want to be apart of our holidays.
I had looked up on the internet Apple Annie's website and it mentioned all their fall festivities and it mentioned a 3 dollar hayride to the pumpkin patch. Well it never mentioned the price of the pumpkins so I thought that it also included a small pumpkin,
Little did I know.
The price of the pumpkins were OUTRAGEOUS!!!
3.00 for a small (and I mean small) pumpkin, jumps up to 9, 18, and 25 dollars
Forget the idea of everyone picking out their own. I don't think that I would have been so upset except that you could buy large pumpkins at Walmart for 3 dollars (that size was 18.00$ at the pumpkin patch) and they had fields and fields of pumpkins. I asked if their prices got lower closer to the end of the the season, nope, they stayed that way all the way to Halloween day. Then to just top it off, I asked what they did with all the extra pumpkins, and they just plowed them under.
I think next year we are going to just plant our own pumpkins

Ok I think we can afford that one
We were so excited to take our kids to the pumpkin patch, a tradition we really want to be apart of our holidays.
I had looked up on the internet Apple Annie's website and it mentioned all their fall festivities and it mentioned a 3 dollar hayride to the pumpkin patch. Well it never mentioned the price of the pumpkins so I thought that it also included a small pumpkin,
Little did I know.
The price of the pumpkins were OUTRAGEOUS!!!
3.00 for a small (and I mean small) pumpkin, jumps up to 9, 18, and 25 dollars
Forget the idea of everyone picking out their own. I don't think that I would have been so upset except that you could buy large pumpkins at Walmart for 3 dollars (that size was 18.00$ at the pumpkin patch) and they had fields and fields of pumpkins. I asked if their prices got lower closer to the end of the the season, nope, they stayed that way all the way to Halloween day. Then to just top it off, I asked what they did with all the extra pumpkins, and they just plowed them under.
I think next year we are going to just plant our own pumpkins
Ok I think we can afford that one
Looking for our pumpkin
Do you see how big the pumpkin patch is?
And do you even see any small pumpkins left? they have been cleaned out
Our final selection, yes it was HUGE ended up being a whopping 25 dollars but we chalked it up to "being part of the experience" and we will have to break the piggy bank when we get home.
Ok, so I am a little sore about how expensive everything was, but we really did have a fun time, even with the wind blowing dirt in our faces like crazy. Next time I am doing to do a little more homework so there are no surprises and start saving my money now.

No comments:
Post a Comment