We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

Monday, November 2

Our growing family


I had fixed up a birdcage to FINALLY get the birds I have been wanting for years and while we are at the pet store picking them out we discovered they had gotten in a new shipment of baby guinea pigs. Do you have any idea how EXTREAMLY cute baby guinea pigs are?
We had talked for months about getting a pets for the kids, something they could hold and take care of (our goldfish isn't much of the cuddly type, and yes birds are more for looking at). Dogs were out because Brigham is allergic, big no on mice and rats. I had hamsters growing up, but one hard squeeze and well, it wouldn't be pretty. A few months ago I had ran across an article in my familyfun magizine that praised guinea pigs as being wonderful starter pets for kids, and I have to admit I had read "The tales of Olga de Polda" by Micheal Bond growing up as a child and since then deep down I always wanted a guinea pig.


Well that is how Patch came to join our family



Posted by Picasa

No comments: