We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

Wednesday, April 1

Wild Violets

The other day as I was in our backyard I noticed a sea of purple and as I looked closer I saw it was wild violets growing and a wave of memories flew by me. I remembered when I was probably 10 and my parents had just built a new home in Pennsylvania and my Mom was transplanting wild violets in front of our home. My mother walked all over our property looking for plants to transplant, she even pulled over as she was driving by a field because she noticed the farmer who was plowing his field was just plowing them under and asked if she could have them. His reply, "take all you want they are just weeds to me". I still remember the smile on her face, free flowers! Those flowers became a beautiful ground cover and in the Spring they were amazing. I will always think of my Mom now whenever I see these flowers and the beautiful Children's song: 'I often go walking' that goes:

1 I often go walking in meadows of clover,
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over;
Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you.

2. O mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through;
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them, dear mother, from you.

Mother I love you so much!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: