We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

Tuesday, November 4

Halloween Day

Our Halloween this year to be honest was a little on the crazy side. Our home was decorated for the holiday before the kitchen was even unpacked. I truly wanted the kids to enjoy this holiday (After Christmas it's my favorite) and over all I believe they did. I guess it's really me that wanted more. I wanted them to have more Halloween crafts, more fall activities. I guess I had higher expectations for myself. Honestly, I love the family fun magazine, but sometimes too many GREAT ideas , oh well... there is always next year.


So enough about me, and being caught up in my "if onlys", we did have a great time, and to prove it, we hardly have any pictures to show.



Aubrey had a BLAST at School on Friday. She got to come to school dressed in her costume for a kindergarten costume parade. We got to meet her there and watch her march around the school. Aubrey wanted to be Cinderella, She looked so cute, I let her wear some of my makeup. I remember growing up Halloween was the one time my mother let me wear some of her makeup, especially lipstick, I felt so grown up and Beautiful, thanks Mom!

I tried to style Aubrey's hair as well, she has yet to let me put it in rollers or anywhere near a curling iron. So I thought I would put it up similar to what I had for Tinkerbell for trunk or treating. NOPE!! she wanted it in a braid. I was lucky to get a ribbon in.


After Aubrey got home for school we had dinner and got ready for trick or treating. As you have probably noticed Brigham was batman for Halloween. In fact we have know that is what he wanted to be for the past three months. It isn't even a costume just a pair of P.J's that he wears all day and all night. (Really easy when it comes to laundry for him) The only problem was trying to get him to wear something underneath to keep him warm. McKay was our little monster, We had looked at costumes at Wal-Mart and Target but i couldn't bring myself to fork out a lot of money for one night, so we made do with what we had. Actually I had bought the cutest costumes for the kids last year after Halloween, but they didn't want to wear them, go figure.


We made plans to go trick or treating in our neighborhood with our next door neighbor around 6:30. We got the kids ready and as we were finishing getting the extra layers on ourselves, our kids had waited long enough and took off without us. (so much for the photo shot before the event) So Steven ran after them and I was to follow with McKay. Well, as I was putting him in his costume, of coarse right on time, I smelt something funny. Got the baby changed and out the door. I was planning our bringing our wagon because our neighborhood is really hilly and the houses are far apart with long driveways, but in the rush I ran off without it. Surprisingly the kids did a great job. They had to have walked, well mostly run for a least a couple miles.

I have to admit we have a pretty good neighborhood, the kids really made out, we now have a large popcorn bowl FULL of candy and I don't mean the junk stuff (pure sugar) yes...CHOCOLATE, Snickers, M&M's, candy bars, all the good stuff.

Over all we really did have a fun Halloween, one thing that I know that we are going to do next year is have a Halloween party for the Adults, oh won't that be fun (Smiles)!!!!!




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mary said...

The kids look adorable and sounds like you guys are having a great time in your new home. Miss you.

Cambria said...

HEY! Glad the move went well! That house is GORGOUES! I am coveting all over the place! So fun! Glad you had a fun Halloween!

Kimberly said...

hey, i don't have your e-mail address anymore. the one I had for you doesn't work. Please e-mail me!

Amber H. said...

Steven and family! Hi! I got your blog address off of facebook and I just have to say how adorable your family is! It was so nice to read up and see all the pictures of you guys and hear how you are doing. If you want to come check us out, our address is threewishesinc.blogspot.com Talk to you soon! Amber (Massey) Halversen ;o)